What is Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning is spreading of bacteria in the stomach due to contaminated food.
What are its symptoms?
Diarrhea, stomach ache, cramp are some of the common symptoms.
Simple Home Remedies for Food Poisoning at Home!
- Take one spoon of lemon juice, add a pinch of sugar to it. Have this two to three times a day for immediate relief from food poisoning.
- Bananas are a good remedy for food poisoning as they are very light and easy to digest.
- A proverb says, ‘an apple a day keeps the doctors away’. Apple plays an important role in curing food poisoning. Apple prohibits the formation of bacteria that causes stomach ache and diarrhoea.
And sometimes diarrhea can cause dehydration
If diarrhoea persists more than three days and if you feel severe abdominal pain or rectal pain, and bloody or black colour stools, and your fever raises to 102 degrees Fahrenheit, you should go for doctor consultation.
How to Prevent Food Poisoning at Home?
- Wash your hands, utensils and food surfaces often.
- Keep raw food separate and ready to eat separately.
- Refrigerate or freeze perishable food promptly. Throw it out when you are in doubt.